Executive Diploma in Retail Management
What Will I Learn?
- Gain a clear understanding of the fundament aspects of customer service and apply them within your business environment.
- Improve your communication process and how to effectively communicate with customers.
- An academic qualification will enable to have the confidence in your skills and knowledge to grow your business organization further.
- Learn how to implement a successful customer service plan in any industry that you work in.
- Learn how enhance your customer service relationship with your current and potential customers.
- Learn how to manage conflict in the workplace and ensure it doesn’t negatively impact staff performance.
Executive Diploma in Retail Management is designed to provide a comprehensive understanding of theoretical and applied aspects of the Retail Management, with emphasis on the key perspective that shapes the retail marketplace, including environmental influences, direct relationships, and the retail operation. Special attention will be given to supply chain relationships, quality and value, ethics, consumer satisfaction, and social responsibility.
Providing excellent customer service is important for every business that views its long-term viability. This programme is perfect as it teaches learners the tricks and tips on how to turn customers into the repeat, life-long loyal base. The Executive Diploma in Retail Management introduce learners to the key elements of customer service and what it takes to become an effective customer service supervisor or manager. It is a comprehensive training enabling learners to develop sound of customer service techniques and how to apply them into real-world situations.
The course covers the specifics of how customer service works in multiple industries. Learn how to create a positive impression, learn how to deal with customer queries and improve your customer communication skills. The philosophy of the programme is to enable learners become successful as individuals who play an important role in retail sectors.